Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What did I do?

I'm not sure what happened.

Saturday morning, I wore an old pair of running shoes around to do various chores and errands.  Saturday afternoon I decided to go run.  It was a mistake from the beginning mostly because the weather was bad.  The wind was howling and it looked like rain.  Did I ever mention how much I hate wind?  At least it wasn't hot wind!

There was no one out on the river path, which confirmed my belief that I was insane for trying, so I decided to not go as far as I would have liked.  During this whole time, I adjusted my shoe many times.  It seemed like my left shoe was tired entirely too tightly.  By the time I got home, my shoe was practically falling off my foot, but it still felt weird.  I looked, only to find a bruise on the top of my foot.  Quite odd that I hadn't felt it earlier since I was wearing the same shoes, only older.

I wore shoes that were open on top on Sunday.  I did the same on Monday.  Now here I am, early Tuesday morning thinking I should be able to just run outside and, well, run, but I walked around the block once and in my very loose running shoe, hobbled home.  It wasn't excruciating pain, but I knew I would be horribly uncomfortable if I continued.  I am a firm believer of taking it easier when something doesn't feel right in order to not make things worse down the road.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

I wish I could remember what I did.

Maybe this will get me to the pool today to get a swim in instead.

I was really looking forward to getting out there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment