Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Time for an analysis of my March...

And while I'm at it, maybe I should do February as well?  I don't know how I let that slip by!  (Well, actually I do, but you are surely tired of the dishes/laundry/work sob stories by now!)

March was a great month as far as getting to the gym was concerned.  Probably the best I have had since joining.  I had no excuses for soccer games AND my sweet husband volunteered to drive any child that needed driving around.  I went to Pilates every week AND spin class.  The nice thing about this spin class is that only 11-15 people show up every time, so there is no pressure from my imagination causing inferiority complexes!  And, a gold star for me for staying at Pilates the week that the substitute was there.  Remember the guy I complained about in December?  Yeah.  He was back.  There is no rhythm to his exercises, breathing is not an issue, because it isn't done, and, he's just not Ellen.  I know, he's probably a really nice guy, but I just don't care for his method of teaching.

Now to face up to what's been going on running wise.  I've been like an ostrich with his head in the sand about this, but as of March 31st, I have run 191.22 miles for 2011.  It doesn't sound too bad until you start doing the math.  This means I've run an average of 63.74 miles per month.  If you remember correctly, I need to be running 83.3 miles per month to make the 1000 miles this year.  It's time for me to quit making excuses and just go run.  I'm never sorry when I do, just lazy when I wake up.  Most of the battle is mental for me.  This goal will not be happening if I don't fix it starting now because I will never be able to catch up if I get any farther behind!

Now a word to the wise, track season has started and I've spent 8 hours in the last couple of days sitting on a metal bench watching junior high kids propel themselves around a track.  I'm trying not to let this get in the way of any of my running momentum.  I managed to get out for a short run on Saturday before the meet because some run was better than no run!  Though, I did miss spin class yesterday because it was smack dab in the middle of the meet.... hey - I had to watch my kid win 1st place in the long jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment