Friday, July 2, 2010

The funniest thing I've seen all month!

I had great plans to go back to the "hill" and run this morning.  Somehow it didn't happen.  I guess I turned off my alarm and rolled over, and by the time I realized it, it really was too late to get up and over there before it got horribly hot.  So, instead I went for a run along my favorite "river" walk, but making myself go a longer distance than I had planned because I didn't go to the "hill". 

I was running along, cursing the fact that I ever came up with a "Why I Love Summer" list since it was so humid and hot that even at this early time in the day I was about to become a grease spot on the asphalt.  Really, I kept wondering what was touching my arm only to realize it was sweat pouring off myself and running down my arms.  Yuck.  I think I really should have come up with the "Why I Need to Move Someplace Else in the Summer" list!  This might also explain the fact that the riverwalk was almost empty today.  People were smart enough to stay inside!

Then I saw this sign.  I had to stop and take a picture of it.  Some poor county worker must have never got around to covering it up for the summer.  Acutally, this sign has not been needed since February I think.  We really only get a handful of days per year that this sign is even useful.  Certainly not today!  I had to giggle.

At least there was a cool plus to my run today though - a coyote ran across the walk down into the riverbed... followed by a baby coyote!  I see coyotes on occasion, but never their babies!  I hope they were looking for cooler places to spend the day!

I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment