Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Running Again...sort of

I'm running again... but barely!  Remember my gym workout from Monday?  Tuesday I wake up and can hardly move.  It hurts to stand up.  It hurts to sit down.  Lying on my bed, being very very still is about as comfortable as it gets.  Unfortunately, I live in a world where my family people will not let me lie around all day.  So, I decided that if I was going to be up and uncomfortable, I might as well see if I could run.  I went almost 2.5 miles.  At a very slow pace.  I imagine the people driving by wonder if I needed help from my contorted gait.  But I did it.  And my pained muscle from before didn't hurt at all.  Of course, I almost forgot to remember this since the whole rest of the lower part of my body is killing me.  Even with Advil.  Maybe I didn't take enough?

I did it again this morning as well.  What do I have to lose?  My rear doesn't hurt quite as much as it did, but don't worry, my inner thighs still do and they told me about it the whole run.  In a very loud screaming type voice.  Same run, different day, but even slower.  I'm thinking the motorists are about to call 911 over me at this point!

I'm hoping tomorrow will be much improved.  In my experience with muscle soreness, it takes about two days to get over it.  And then its like it never happened.  If I can last just another few hours..............

How do you deal with muscle soreness?  I'm needing lots of sympathy advice over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment