Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just when I thought it was safe...

I work with kids.  I live with kids.  I work with kids at church.  I see kids at the grocery store.  They are all around me!  I was just thinking the other day that I was so lucky to have not gotten sick this year considering all the kids I am around... especially the 120 kindergartners at work! 

And then I woke up with a prickly throat.  Which developed into a cough.  A big, ugly, mean cough.

Ugh.

I hate coughing.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine has been emailing me about participating in a half marathon at the end of March.  She tells me it's lots of hills.  I told her the most I'd run in a while was eight miles.  She assured me that if I could do eight now, I'd have no problem doing this race.  I told her I'd think about it and gave myself a January 31st deadline (the price increases after this!). 

I've found out after thinking about it the past couple days, that one cannot make a decision like this when all one wants to do is sit on the couch and read a book.

Hopefully I'm better soon so I can think rationally about what I could be getting myself into!

2 comments:

  1. 8 miles was all I did before my half. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog - if you can do 8 - you can do the half :)

    ReplyDelete