Friday, July 27, 2012

I had to share this...some days... this would be me... but... no matter how much I try to convince myself, I'm always happier after I do the run!

I was syncing my Garmin to my computer this morning and it uploaded the run I did a week ago Wednesday.  I loved seeing this run because I did it while in Durango, CO and it was a different map on my screen.  It put me back in vacation mode.  Even though I had to get up earlier than normal to run (different time zone), run a shorter distance than normal (didn't want to interrupt our family vacation plans), and run without socks (they were sitting in the drawer at home... 500 miles away)... it was more than worth it to run.  For one, I got to run on a riverwalk that... gasp... had a river running right next to it.  Unlike my riverwalk that has a dry riverbed right next to it.  I also felt pretty good about this run because I live/train at 2700ft above sea level.  Durango is 6500ft above sea level.  Yes, there was some pushing myself along the way and it was a bit harder to suck in air, but I did it and at a really reasonable pace.  If I lived there I would like to think it wouldn't be too hard to acclimate.
If I lived near this, I think I would be out of excuses to not run!

The long and the short of it... if you get the chance - run when you are in a different setting.  It motivates you and gets you out of ruts.  It may be hard, but it is always worth it!

If you're joining in for Fitness Friday - welcome!

6 comments:

  1. We're traveling to PA in a week to visit family, and I'm so excited to run in the country. I desperately need new routes (and cooler temps!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cartoon is awesome!!!! I have been in RI for the month....I am trying to get in all my runs around here I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cartoon!! Running in new places is so much fun and really changes things up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I love that cartoon! I completely agree about running in new places - you see where you are in such a different way than you can in a car. Pretty run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I travel I try to get a run or two in. It's also a really great way to tour a city! Colorado looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cartoon is hilarious. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete