Friday, September 10, 2010

I did what?

Went and signed up for another race.  I must have been out of my mind, but on the euphoria that follows having fun at one race, I thought I might as well.  This time though, it's 10 miles.  And I don't remember the last time I ran 10 miles.  What have I gotten myself into?  It sounds fun... runs through downtown the morning of a huge weekend festival... but all of a sudden, after I have dropped the check in the mail, I am a bit overwhelmed thinking about it.  Well, not the race per se, just the having time to train for it.  I was thinking long run tomorrow.  Probably not going to happen since Son has a cross country race in the morning and has to be at school at 6:45 am, and me watching him at his race at 8am.  Too bad it's still in the 90s here or I'd go afterwards.

The plus to this race?  There is a 5K that is offered as well and Son agreed to do it.  It should be fun with the both of us involved!

Anyone else is welcome to join us - but the early registration deadline has passed... click here for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment