Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Growing up...

One of the best parts of being a mom is seeing your kids grow and develop.  Sometimes it seems like they don't do it fast enough - like when they want the cereal box down early in the morning and all you want to do is sleep.  There are times that it seems like it's going way too fast as well.  Take Son for instance.  He's been running cross country as part of his school team for the past couple of years.  He loves his Saucony shoes as well and was a little green with envy when I was trying on my new pair just as he was getting home from practice the other day.  To show how "worn out" his were, he wanted to compare his feet to mine.  I was a little shocked when he put his foot next to mine and it looked so grown up.  I knew his foot was much bigger than mine, but, I wasn't prepared for the "grown up-ness" of it!  I guess I needed a physical reminder to remember he's really not as little as I want him to be anymore!  The quote "The days are long but the years are short" certainly is how I'm feeling looking at this photo.  Now if I could just get him to get out of bed and run with ME in the mornings!  Gone are the days of him dragging me out of bed for cereal.

Can you believe he's only 13?


No comments:

Post a Comment