Friday, March 9, 2012

I could lie to you and say...

That I've been racking up the miles.  More miles than I can count.  I'm wearing out shoes left and right. 

OK.  So maybe not.

Maybe the truth is that I got a whole 7 miles in last week. 

And watched 14 episodes of....


in the last two weeks.

I am not one to get addicted to TV shows, but this show has caught my attention and I spent about 5 hours on Sunday watching the last 3 episodes before PBS took them off their website (and I would have to spend $20 at iTunes to watch them!).

So, yay.  They are done.  Back to running.  And blogging.

On the fitness side of things, the school district I work for made a (free!) Fitness Center at the high school for all employees to use.  They even have made classes like Boot Camp, Circuit Training, and Zumba.  I've been going to Circuit Training twice a week for the last month.  I love that the trainer looks at what you are capable of and matches up your abilities to what he has assigned and modifies if necessary.  I love the "family" feel of this class... so much better than the gym I had belonged to!

I'm hoping for more core fitness this way as I work to get ready for Chicago.  I know that it's an important part of training that I have never been good at doing or sticking with.  I'm hoping for much better results this time around!

3 comments:

  1. Downton Abbey is amazing! I can't wait for the next season. I think I only ran 8 miles last week so don't feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mileage was low too. I'd like to say it was because of a great TV show or something fun. Not so much. Life keeps getting in the way of my running schedule.

    Love the fact that your school district set up a gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I've heard enough about that show now that I might have to get it in the ol' Netflix list.....

    That fitness center sounds wonderful. My work gives us a free rec center pass--I think it's so important! Good luck w/ the core work.

    ReplyDelete