Monday, August 23, 2010

Kicking and screaming!

That's how I dragged myself out the door and up the hill this morning - kicking and screaming all the way.  I thought I was too tired.  I thought I had stayed up too late and gotten up too early this whole weekend.  It was hot.  It was humid.  There were many undone chores at home.  My iPod was dead.  And the sun wasn't up.  My lazy self begged to stay in bed, but my practical self, the one who spent $25 to sign up for a hilly race in 2 weeks and also looks to see how tight or loose my clothes are, made me get up and go.  Like a mean mother, I had to shame myself into doing it this morning.  I bribed myself with the cold car a/c on full blast all the way home.  Thankfully my practical self was stronger than my lazy self this morning!  And that a/c was just perfect!!

1 comment: