Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back in the swing of things!

After being in and out of town for most of July, I am back to reality... which really means that I have had to spend the last couple of weeks getting caught up on all those things that pile up while you're gone.  That and it's been back to school for the kids and back to work for me.  And it's about a million degrees outside (only slightly exaggerated!) and at least 99% humidity (it really has to be no matter what the weather guy says!), thus making any running I'm doing right now a true and complete joy (she says with sarcasm dripping off her voice and running on to the floor).  This year is a little tougher as far as morning runs go because schedules have changed, mine and the kids, so, in order to get out the door in the morning on time, I have had to cancel the 5am run.  Yes, you heard right.  But, I did instate the 4:30am run instead, which so far, isn't really as bad as it sounds mostly because I am making myself be in bed at 9:30pm.  Honestly, by that time in the evening, it's not hurting my feelings one little bit to do it either.  I am a bit worried about winter and the motivation factor on this, but I guess I'll jump off that bridge when I get there!

Next up?  I have signed up for the annual local Labor Day run (8mi) I have done for the past 3 years.  I am hoping to get a couple of long runs in soon because that's been the part of my training that has been lacking the most.  But, I have sent the check in, so I'm completely and totally committed!

No comments:

Post a Comment