Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things I Miss...

I've had a whole week now to contemplate not running... heck - I've had a whole week to miss WALKING, I've been in a state of hobbling, and most of the time, not doing a very good job of it. This whole experience has been different since I'm used to things like this happening to OTHER people, not me, in which I give them the appropriate amount of sympathy and then move on. It's a lot different when you are the one waking up every morning and remembering that the injury is STILL there. *sigh*

So, in honor of my lacking running... the things I miss and will never take for granted again...

1. Jumping out of a car and running "real quick" into a store to get one thing.

2. Getting in and out of a car without pushing the seat back.

3. Curling up in bed.

4. Climbing steps.

5. Wearing high heels.

6. Sitting on bleachers.

7. Parking at the far end of the parking lot.

8. Somebody or something brushing against my leg/knee (and me not screaming in pain!).

9. Walking with a normal gait. I'm not sure I remember how.

10. My 5am runs. If this ever gets better, you'd better believe there won't be a chance that I will ever miss one again!

One more week....

No comments:

Post a Comment