Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Race Invitation

In my previous post I announced a race my cute husband and I put on every year that I thought my blog readers might enjoy. A good friend pointed out that maybe I shouldn't have posted about how sick I've been in the same post about the race.  OK - hopefully this is the redeeming post with all the pertinent info!

The details:

* Race 2.5K on Dec 31st and 2.5K on Jan 1.  You don't have to run... any non motorized form of transport is OK.  If skiing is your thing, feel free.

* We plan on doing our races consecutively.  Like as in 11:45pm Dec31 to 12:15am Jan 1.  You don't have to.  Anytime on either day is fine.

* We have chosen to donate money in the form of Payless Shoes gift cards to the Family Resource Center at the school where I work at.  We picked it because it's something I know will be used in a honest manner.  Unfortunately, in the past not all of the charities we have picked have been winners (yes, I am talking about how disappointed I am in the 3 Cups of Tea guy.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, Google it).  If you would like to contribute, please send gift cards to:
Walter Douglas Elementary
attn: Tamara McAllister
3302 N Flowing Wells Rd
Tucson, AZ 85705
I know that the kids that go here have a huge need.  I also know that the gift cards will be used wisely and shoes given to those kids who truly need it... like those kids that have shoes that are falling off of their feet and their parents have no means of getting them a new pair.  I see stuff like this.  All the time.

* We are working on finishing prizes for all.  Lara at Rainbow Signs (a local business) has generously offered to donate time and materials.  I am still working on some other sponsors.

* If you feel so inclined, blog about it or send me a photo.  I'd love to feature you as a finisher.

* If you live here locally, feel free to join us as we do it.  I can't promise how awake I will be when we start, but I am thinking of hot chocolate when we are done.  Mostly because I remember how cold I've been in the past.  And, yes, I'm the lame one who has had to set an alarm to get up to do this race.  I'm guessing this means I'm officially old.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment