1. I went and looked at the results for the "Run the Hood Virtual 10K" I did last weekend. I was second in my age group! Woohoo! Imagine what would have happened had I been feeling faster! Honestly though, I didn't even realize that they were doing rankings of any sort, and it's cool that I did so well. (BTW, if you haven't visited any of the blogs of the participants of this race - do - they have some pretty inspiring stories over there!)
2. Unprocessed October. We're almost to the end of October, and while I have not been perfect by any means, I have learned a lot and have also learned to prepare ahead of time so I won't be hungry and eat just anything. It's really very easy to eat the Kit Kats sitting on the table at 4pm when you haven't had anything to eat since 12pm. I know, I shouldn't have bought them if I didn't plan on eating them. But I was buying them in the name of Halloween candy. Now I have to go buy more. *sigh*
3. What I'm looking forward to... Thanksgiving! More truthfully, my Thanksgiving race. We've been running a 5K turkey trot every year, but this year we will be running a 10K with my sister and her husband. I've never run with her before. She did cross country in high school... I did not. OK, I realize high school was 20 years ago, but still, she probably has some super secret racing strategy or something she will be using.
4. I need to quit clicking on emails I get from companies selling running gear. I really want to try out some of these...
They are from the Brooks Pure Project and are a minimalist shoe. While I do enjoy running with my pillows strapped to my feet Saucony Triumphs, I am interested in making my feet stronger. And the reviews on this shoe are pretty good so far. Another thing to add to my Christmas list.
5. I think there is a chance that it will cool off here eventually. Yesterday morning when I got up to run, my phone told me it was 48ºF outside. Yes, I was still in shorts and a short sleeved shirt, but it was perfect once I got warmed up. Perfect running weather really. I'm really tired of 90ºF days. I guess I should just be happy it's not 100ºF anymore.
Woo Hoo! It's Fitness Friday! Thanks for joining me